Remember how I made two chickens for my birthday? Well, I used most of the 2nd one for this chili. I used the legs and thighs for other meals and had two fairly large chicken breasts and other odd pieces for the chili. So without further ado, here is what I did.
1 can of Red Gold tomatoes with chilis
2-3 cans of tomatoes
2 cans of chili beans (I used mild since the tomatoes were plenty spicy)
1 large onion
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 chicken breasts, diced into bite-sized pieces
2 bell peppers (any kind, but I like red)
6-8 cups of water, depending on how watery you like your chili and how much pasta you’ll add
a handful of pasta
1. Saute the onion and garlic.
2. Add the tomatoes and beans and cook a few minutes.
3. Add the bell peppers and cook a few minutes.
4. Add the diced chicken and cook a few minutes.
5. Add 2-3 cups of water and bring to a boil. Check the spices and adjust as needed.
6. Add the rest of the water and bring to a boil. Then add pasta and turn down the heat to low.