I found this recipe on FoodNetwork.com, but it had a few too many extra things, so I paired it down. Here is my version.
1 LB of Salmon
Tamari (or low-sodium soy sauce if you can’t find Tamari)
freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- Rinse the fish and pat it dry.
- Put fish into oven-safe dish.
- Pour as much Tamri as you like. I like it quite liberally on the fish. It keeps it moist during cooking, as well as makes a nice sauce for spooning over your side dish (like rice).
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil.
- Cook for about 15-18 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fish.
- Take it out of the oven. If the fish is still too rare for your liking, keep it covered with the foil. It will keep cooking, but won’t dry out.
That’s it. A main dish in 15 minutes. It’s healthy and easy and quick. What could be better?